Do I qualify for the SJS & how the application process works:
The Mission of Shannon J. Scholarship, Inc. is to assist those seeking help with their Drug and Alcohol Addictions, but do not have the financial capabilities to do so. The Shannon J. Scholarship will help cover costs associated with Drug and Alcohol rehabilitation at preselected Clean and Sober Living Programs and preselected Individual and Group Counseling Programs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have proof of Utah residency
- Application must be completed in full
- Must be accepted into approved Clean and Sober Living Programs and/or approved Individual and Group Counseling Programs
- Must be willing to sign a ‘Release of Confidential Information’ form, which will allow Shannon J. Scholarship, Inc. to communicate with Rehabilitation Staff. This is necessary to determine approval of and/or continued financial assistance from Shannon J. Scholarship, Inc.
- Upon request, you may be asked to provide additional information regarding personal financial situation
How the application process works:
- Complete and submit the SJS Application
- Once SJS receives your application, you will be required to do two separate phone interviews with an SJS Board Member (Typically these interviews will be with the President and the Vice-President)
- Once you have completed the two phone interviews, your application will be reviewed by the whole Board of Directors.
You will them be contacted by SJS and informed of the amount, duration, approval and/or availability of funding.
To fill out an application and submit online, please click here:
If you would like to Download the application, complete it and either mail it to SJS or email it to email@example.com at a later date – please also click above.
*Shannon J Scholarship, Inc. is not available for assistance for any form of prescription medication
*Scholarships for transition to Sober Living are limited to the initial first 30 days of residency. We understand that special circumstances do arise and these will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Shannon J. Scholarship, Inc. prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, mental or physical disability, political belief or affiliation, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law.
SJS is a non-governmental, private non-profit foundation and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to review, accept or reject any application submitted